Introducing THE REF Mobile Classroom
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation's new mobile training facility, called THE REF (Transportable High-End Rider Education Facility) is designed to reach out to motorcycle riders and to educate and encourage formal rider training. THE REF will go to where the riders are. Designed to be non-intrusive, while still offering the most critical of survival tips, THE REF encourages both riders and non-riders to learn more about sharing the road, crash avoidance, and environmental awareness.
Motorcycles make up about 6% of all registered vehicles in Wisconsin, yet represent 14% of all highway fatalities, according to data from the 2015 Wisconsin Traffic Crash Facts. This is just one reason THE REF is part of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's ZERO IN WISCONSIN program to reduce the number of annual deaths on Wisconsin roads.
- All the Gear (TV Spot)
- WMSP Introduction (Extended Video)
- WMSP Rider Education Courses Overview (Extended Video)
- The Passenger (TV Spot)
- Built for Speed (TV Spot)
- Riding In Wisconsin - Ten Stories, One Vision (Extended Video)
- THE REF (Transportable High-End Rider Education Facility) (Extended Video)
- Think – Motorcycle Awareness (TV spot)
- Invisible – Motorcycle Awareness (TV spot)
- “Riding In Wisconsin” 5 Stories-One Vision (Extended Video)
- Operation Moped Safety (Extended Video)
- All About Wisconsin Roundabouts (Extended Video)